Girls are NOT garbage. They deserve to be respected and honored. They deserve to be heard. We have only to see how Christ Jesus treats women to know how they should be treated.
I just read a powerful blog post by Anne Voskamp, author of One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, and I need to share it with you. She wrote it after hearing what happened in Steubenville, Ohio, where two teenagers were found guilty of rape that social media brought to light.
Anne’s post is so packed with Truth. Here are some excerpts:
- “To stay silent is to let perpetrators perpetuate.”
- “When the prevailing thinking is boys will be boys — girls will be garbage. And that is never the heart of God.”
- “Unless a man looks to Jesus, a man doesn’t know how to treat a woman.”
- “… that’s the jolting truth of how God loves His daughters with His honor.”
- “Because if Christ is The Truth — then where there isn’t Truth, there isn’t Christ. Why ever be afraid of the Truth? Because if you’re at peace in Christ, you fight injustice.”
I encourage you to read Anne’s post for more valuable Truth – After Steubenville: 25 Things Our Sons need to know about Manhood.
Are you someone who has been sexually assaulted or abused? Are you not being heard? Call 1-800-656-HOPE.
What is the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline?
The National Sexual Assault Online Hotline is a free, confidential, secure service that provides live help over the RAINN website.