Every single one of us in this world has an inner longing to feel accepted and to be loved unconditionally. Every single one of us wants to believe “I Am Lovable and Capable.”
But it’s so difficult sometimes, isn’t it? The negative thoughts that tell us we don’t measure up and we’re good-for-nothings can hammer our hearts to pieces. We can feel so empty and we try to fill that void with things that will never satisfy us.
At the root of our insecurity is the inability to know with our heart that we have been created in the image of our Creator and that we are perfect just the way we are. He created us unique and special, and He has a purpose for each one of us that no one else can fill. We were worth His creating us, dying for us, and living for us.
In Jesus we have full acceptance and unconditional love. Without Him, we can never feel satisfied. Without Him, we can never live fully and freely. Without Him, we can never die in peace.
With Jesus in our hearts, there is an indescribable fullness. We gain:
- Value – “Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you…” (Isaiah 43:4 AMP)
- Unconditional Love -“But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us.” (Romans 5:8 AMP) – “Love” here is “agape love,” selfless, sacrificial, unconditional love, the highest of the four types of love in the Bible
- Forgiveness – “For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Col. 1:13-14 NIV)
- Empowerment – “I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].” (Philippians 4:13 AMP)
- Confidence – “For the Lord shall be your confidence, firm and strong, and shall keep your foot from being caught [in a trap or some hidden danger].” (Proverbs 3:26 AMP)
- Security – “Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” (Isaiah 41:10 AMP)
Rest – “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]” (Matthew 11:28 AMP)
When you don’t feel accepted or loved, take heart. In Jesus, there is hope. In Jesus, you have worth and can thrive and use the gifts He has given you, only you. In Jesus, you are lovable and capable.
An invitation from Renee Swope to a A Confident Heart Bible Study beginning April 1:
“While writing A Confident Heart, God gave me the deepest desire to not only write but to create a safe place for community, heart-sharing and encouragement each women who wants to take that brave step toward becoming all God created her to be! A gathering place filled with hearts being set free from doubt and discouragement.
- Women who are discovering just how valuable they are.
- Women who want to live empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- Women who are willing to do the courageous thing of believing God.
- Women who want to seek and see that it’s possible to have confidence in Christ!
And I would love for YOU to be one of them!”